MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bad plugins or what?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why do most of the plugins on here break the forum or give a mysql error? They say they are for v1.8 but don't work. It's getting very frustrating. I have quite a few installed and they work ok but 85% I try don't work Sad
let me guess, that's all that's left with the meager info: you're using php8?
SQL errors in plugins: this is because they have been created for older (and more permissive) versions of MySQL/MariaDB.
(2023-04-25, 02:03 AM)DragoCom Wrote: [ -> ]Why do most of the plugins on here break the forum or give a mysql error? They say they are for v1.8 but don't work. It's getting very frustrating. I have quite a few installed and they work ok but 85% I try don't work Sad

You can find the solution for compatibility with PHP 8 for many plugins in the forum.
But if you can't or don't have time, I can fix plugin problems or any other problem forĀ  non-free.

Web, Windows, Android Programming (Payment with Paypal OR CryptoCurrency).
Create Custom Wordpress,Mybb,... Plugin/Theme
Telegram : @MostafaShiraali
Discord : MostafaShiraali#7754
I merged from IPS to MyBB and then I started installing plugins. I can PHP Switcher on my server in the CWP Root or User panel and change my version of php if that is needed for it to go back to 7.x.x.

(2023-04-26, 01:14 AM)DragoCom Wrote: [ -> ]I merged from IPS to MyBB and then I started installing plugins. I can PHP Switcher on my server in the CWP Root or User panel and change my version of php if that is needed for it to go back to 7.x.x.

Screenshot
I conclude that I have guessed correctly

Unfortunately, many plugins have problems with PHP8 because they were no longer developed and maintained
You can bring them to PHP8 yourself or you simply do without