MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post Content Restricted (No Guests)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Post Content Restricted
GitHub | MyBB Extend

Restrict the content of posts from guest view in all forums except the ones you choose to keep public. Guests will still be able to see these boards and the thread listing within them but when they open the thread it will give them the "No Permissions" error.
  • This plugin was built on MyBB version 1.8.33 but should work well with any 1.8 versions.
  • I do not offer support for free plugins.

Installation
  1. Upload the content of the Upload folder into your forum home directory.
  2. Navigate to your Admin CP -> Configuration -> Plugins.
  3. Click "Install & Activate" next to the plugin's information.
Setup
  1. Navigate to Admin CP -> Configuration -> Settings, scroll to bottom of page and find this plugins settings group.
  2. Set the forums to ignore (if any).

Tips/Donations: https://buy.stripe.com/4gw7v3feaccXfYsdQQ

For plugin errors/issues please create an issue report on GitHub.

I am aware there are a few similar plugins out there but they either did too much or not exactly what I personally needed. I wrote this for a personal site but figured I would share for those that are looking for a simple way to keep their board public (look active and still show thread listings) but completely deny access to viewing the actual show thread content. I also needed to ignore this setting for certain boards that are guest friendly while the rest of the site is 18+ and requires dob on registration.
Thank you for sharing!