MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Oh, it is a standard page. The domain name and the hosting are from different websites, and that page you see is a default page from the domain website. It has nothing to do with the hosting website, I believe. The website looked liked that even before I bought Cpanel Linux hosting.
Sounds like your DNS needs to point to the hosting server.
Oh! Can you tell me how can I do that?
Your registrar is godaddy.com
Your nameserver is hosted at Turhost.com
Your current DNS A record points to 94.199.206.56 which is in the Turhost netblock, which suggests that IP address is a parking page.
If your FTP connection is to a different IP address, that's likely what your A record should point to, although it depends on your hosting provider.

You need to contact your host provider for specific details.
"How do I change my DNS record to point to my server? It seems to be directed to a parking page."

You should then be directed to where you can "Manage DNS"
(2023-05-05, 05:43 PM)lynncia Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I have tried to upload MyBB to my website with both Softaculous and FTP. Everything seems to be fine, but when I try to go to /install, it just does not work. I just cannot install MyBB and I have no idea what is wrong! Please help me out.

As far as I know, Softaculous doesn't require you to install MyBB yourself as it does it for you; no need to use the /install directory.
Your homepage directs to your MyBB copy (with a 41 error), so I'm sure your DNS is fine now. More about the 41 error here: https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/errors/#mybb-error-41
Hello all! Thank you all for your help! I solved the problem: As HLFadmin stated, I had to direct my DNS to the hosting server. Everyhing is OK! You all saved my life, thanks a lot for your help!
Pages: 1 2