MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: php 8.0 issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there

I'm having an old forum, it was running on mybb1.8.5 and php7.0 not been updated for the past 2-3 years.

Today I updated the forum to mybb 1.8.33, it was running cool without any issues. Later upgraded the php version to php8.0

Then the forum started to throw out many errors like

Warning [2] Undefined array key "encoding" - Line: 185 - File: inc/db_mysqli.php PHP 8.0.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/db_mysqli.php 185 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/init.php 172 DB_MySQLi->connect

Warning [2] Undefined array key "export_id" - Line: 633 - File: inc/plugins/myfbconnect.php PHP 8.0.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/myfbconnect.php 633 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 myfbconnect_update

Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$myfbconnect - Line: 23 - File: inc/plugins/MyFacebookConnect/class_update.php PHP 8.0.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/MyFacebookConnect/class_update.php 23 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/MyFacebookConnect/class_update.php 245 MyFacebook_Update->__construct
/inc/plugins/myfbconnect.php 665 require_once
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 myfbconnect_update

How can I correct these errors ?
If these are visible on forum pages, you should hide them with the Error Type Medium setting in Configuration → Settings → Server and Optimization Options.

The first should be fixed in the next release; the two other ones are related to a plugin.