MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pay for membership using cash app
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does this look correct to be able to allow for users to select memberships and pay using cashapp instead of PayPal? My AI bot generated it for me, but I wanted to confirm it was possible. Thanks 

1. Install the MyBB forum software on your server or hosting account.
2. Create a new plugin by navigating to the "AdminCP" and selecting "Plugins" from the menu.
3. Click on the "Create New Plugin" button and give your plugin a name and description.
4. Define the plugin settings that the admin can customize, such as the Cash App username, the membership prices, and the membership durations. You can use the settings() function provided by MyBB to define these settings.
5. Create a new database table to store membership purchases by executing a SQL query in the "SQL" tab of your plugin:
CREATE TABLE `mybb_memberships` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `user_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
  `length` varchar(16) NOT NULL,
  `price` decimal(10,2) NOT NULL,
  `status` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `created_at` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
  PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4;

6. Modify the forum templates to show a page where users can select the membership duration and pay using Cash App. You can use the newpoints_paypal_donate template provided by MyBB to display the payment form and modify it to use Cash App instead of PayPal.
7. Implement the payment process in the plugin code by creating a new PHP file that handles the payment submission and inserts a new row in the mybb_memberships table. You can use the insert_query() function provided by MyBB to insert data into the database. You can also use the Cash App API to process the payment and confirm its status.
8. Modify the forum templates to show the membership status and expiration date to the user. You can use the is_member() function provided by MyBB to check the user's membership status and display different content based on their permissions.

This is a high-level overview of the steps involved in creating a MyBB plugin that allows users to buy a membership based on the length of time and pay using Cash App. The implementation details may vary depending on your specific requirements and the MyBB version you are using.
(2023-05-11, 04:35 AM)LexiSux Wrote: [ -> ]My AI bot generated it for me
LOL.

First, you can try to find the "Create New Plugin" button in MyBB ACP Smile

A plugin is more complex than a simple DB table and some settings for admin, it must have hooks and functions to work.
(2023-05-11, 12:33 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-05-11, 04:35 AM)LexiSux Wrote: [ -> ]My AI bot generated it for me
LOL.

First, you can try to find the "Create New Plugin" button in MyBB ACP Smile

LOL I was just about to ask, "where is the button for creating a new plugin?"  ;-)