MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: UTF-8 Conversion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks!

I'm trying to use the UTF-8 Conversion tool in my Admin CP, however when I run it it'll tell me it was successful but nothing actually changes. I've checked in the config file that utf8mb4 is allowed like I saw in another thread asking about this issue but that didn't change anything, so I'm not sure what else I need to check to let the conversion actually work.

Board URL: https://universalgaming.net/
Software Version: Latest Release
Check in phpMyAdmin for things like:

Server connection collation -- utf8mb4_unicode_ci
same for collation on tables

Check in PHPinfo that mbstring module is loaded.

Don't think it's required but if you are on VPS, consider rebooting the server.
This is a late reply to this as I only just got around to checking in phpMyAdmin. The server connection collation is utf8mb4_unicode_ci, however the table collation is set to uft8_unicode_ci. I just want to clarify if I should convert the table collation to match the server collation before I do it.

For the PHPInfo check, is that via the Admin CP of my board? I'm not super familiar with my way around phpMyAdmin so if it's in there I haven't managed to find that yet.

I managed to figure it out in the end. I just needed to convert my table collation via phpMyAdmin and everything worked out. Smile