MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: help related to using right to left languages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi

i am a little new to mybb, so i apologize if my questions were simple, but here they are
i am using mybb 1.2.9, installed Arabic language pack, the problem is, i uploaded the images and all, but in they don't appear, instead appears the text behind in arabic (quote, new post, etc..)
i uploaded them correctly, to forum/inc/languages/
and to forum/images
and the arabic.php to forum/inc/languages
the text appears fine, the pics don't appear

another question
if a post has a sentence in english, even if it is aligned left, it appears alligned to the right, if forum language is set to english, arabic appears left aligned, any solution to that? EDIT: i mean i have two identical themes, one with
text-align: left; /* IE 5 fix */
changed to
text-align: right; /* IE 5 fix */
in Page Container, so when text align is right, english is aligned wrong, and viceversa
i.e where can i choose whether a post is left-to-right or right-to-left?

please excuse me if my questions were easy, i tried searching but couldn't find anything similar.
Thanks in advance.
If nobody else offers to help you tonight, I'll do that tomorrow. I'm sorry I have to jump into bed now. But don't worry, this is easy to fix.

Regards
Thanks in advance Smile
i would really appreciate any help.

especially for the first problem.

Regards
I would appreciate if anyone helped me with the first issue, Please?
Images with text in them are placed in their own specific directory - images/[language name]/ so for example images/english or images/arabic.

They should show up once they're in the correct directory.
Thanks for replying Smile
well here are some screenshots, i don't know what is wrong
[attachment=7544][attachment=7545]

Help would be appreciated
In you Admin CP, open the Arabic theme for editing and make sure that the Image Directory is the correct one. Example: images/MyArabic.

There is no way to solve the other issue with mybb editor, that is, you cannot choose whether a post is left-to-right or right-to-left. You only have one choice for writing the text direction, and you will always have a text direction problem with either the English or the Arabic depending on whether you are using the LTR or the RTL option. Of course when you use the LTR option the Arabic text can only be adjusted by selecting this button [Image: align_right.gif], but of course the dots, question marks, exclamation marks, etc. at the end of a sentence will display incorrectly as in this example:

هذه مشكلة لا يمكن حلها!!!!

However, you may wish to install the WYSIWYG editor (Check This) and try it.

Please let me know how it goes with the first issue.

Regards
well thanks a lot, it worked, i was using a theme different than the default, moving the arabic folder from images/ to images/[theme name]/ fixed it, looks like it's a newbie mistake Big Grin

about the WYSIWYG, i think telling users to right align arabic would be much simpler Smile

Thanks a million, you and Chris did help me out a lot. Smile