MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: After changing admin directory name its showing an error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After changing admin directory name when I am updating theme template its showing an error

http://puu.sh/JHcxz/ccc5df96f3.png

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.
Before changing the directory name, did you update that in the Admin CP including the cookies path?
(2023-05-21, 12:14 AM)MattyWjeisz Wrote: [ -> ]Before changing the directory name, did you update that in the Admin CP including the cookies path?

Nope, can you guide me on that ?
There is a change required in /inc/config.php
Not sure where in AdminCP.
(2023-05-21, 05:33 PM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]There is a change required in /inc/config.php
Not sure where in AdminCP.

I have changed in config.php but when I work or update the plugin it gives error.
(2023-05-21, 01:26 PM)jkcool Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-05-21, 12:14 AM)MattyWjeisz Wrote: [ -> ]Before changing the directory name, did you update that in the Admin CP including the cookies path?

Admin CP > Configuration > Site Details

Under 'Board URL' input the full address to your new directory - i.e http://www.yourwebsite.com/directory

Do not include the trailing slash (/) at the end of the directory.

Under 'Cookie Domain' put your domain name address. Include a '.' before the address to account for all subdomains - i.e .www.yourwebsite.com

Under 'Cookie Path' put in the name of your directory - i.e /directory

I would disable all plugins prior to doing this, and then once you've moved everything over to the new directory, you can reactivate them.
(2023-05-22, 12:17 AM)MattyWjeisz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-05-21, 01:26 PM)jkcool Wrote: [ -> ]

Admin CP > Configuration > Site Details

Under 'Board URL' input the full address to your new directory - i.e http://www.yourwebsite.com/directory

Do not include the trailing slash (/) at the end of the directory.

Under 'Cookie Domain' put your domain name address. Include a '.' before the address to account for all subdomains - i.e .www.yourwebsite.com

Under 'Cookie Path' put in the name of your directory - i.e /directory

I would disable all plugins prior to doing this, and then once you've moved everything over to the new directory, you can reactivate them.

Directory isnt for new folder ? I have not made any new folder. I just want to rename admin folder.
(2023-05-22, 07:08 PM)jkcool Wrote: [ -> ]Directory isnt for new folder ? I have not made any new folder. I just want to rename admin folder.

In in/config.php you need to change this line:

$config['admin_dir'] = 'admin';

to

$config['admin_dir'] = 'newname';

After this change, extension files intended for upload to the admin/ directory will have to be uploaded to the renamed directory instead.
(2023-05-23, 12:57 AM)MattyWjeisz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-05-22, 07:08 PM)jkcool Wrote: [ -> ]Directory isnt for new folder ? I have not made any new folder. I just want to rename admin folder.

In in/config.php you need to change this line:

$config['admin_dir'] = 'admin';

to

$config['admin_dir'] = 'newname';

After this change, extension files intended for upload to the admin/ directory will have to be uploaded to the renamed directory instead.

I have done the same before but when editing the plugin setting or adding new plugin its giving and error.
Check permissions on new folder and its contents.
You said you renamed the old to the new, so permissions should not have changed.
Except "Forbidden" indicates permission problem.
Pages: 1 2