MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving Website to Another Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

I'm moving the website to another server using this doc.: https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/moving-to-a-new-web-host/

Which is backup the database and importing it to the new server using phpmyadmin, and transferring mybb files to the new server

But after trying to open the website, I get non-stop errors in email

some of the errors:

Quote:Type: 2
File: admin/modules/tools/system_health.php (Line no. 441)
Back Trace: #0 /var/www/html/vb/inc/class_error.php(229): errorHandler->email_error(2, '...', '...', 441)
#1 /var/www/html/vb/inc/class_error.php(153): errorHandler->error(2, '...', '...', 441)
#2 /var/www/html/vb/admin/modules/tools/system_health.php(441): errorHandler->error_callback(2, '...', '...', 441)
#3 /var/www/html/vb/admin/index.php(830): require('...')

File: admin/modules/tools/modlog.php (Line no. 313)
Back Trace: #0 /var/www/html/vb/inc/class_error.php(229): errorHandler->email_error(2, '...', '...', 313)
#1 /var/www/html/vb/inc/class_error.php(153): errorHandler->error(2, '...', '...', 313)
#2 /var/www/html/vb/admin/modules/tools/modlog.php(313): errorHandler->error_callback(2, '...', '...', 313)
#3 /var/www/html/vb/admin/index.php(830): require('...')

File: index.php (Line no. 405)
Undefined property: MyLanguage::$expcol_collapse
Back Trace: #0 /var/www/html/vb/inc/class_error.php(229): errorHandler->email_error(2, '...', '...', 405)
#1 /var/www/html/vb/inc/class_error.php(153): errorHandler->error(2, '...', '...', 405)
#2 /var/www/html/vb/index.php(405): errorHandler->error_callback(2, '...', '...', 405)

And it keeps giving errors

* All plugins are disabled
* DNS is moved to the new server
* PHP Version: 8.2.6
* MyBB Version: 1.8.33
* Most of Admin Control Panel pages are working fine

--------------

Tried to install fresh MyBB, and it works fine

But that is not the solution!

I need to fix that issue or a way to merge the backup database to fresh MyBB installation
It's because your old board is less compatible with the PHP 8.2 your new server is running it would seem.  No idea what MyBB version you had before, and the PHP version of the old host.  First thing - change your error logging to file instead of email.  This post gives some ideas:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-237263...pid1384749

Merging a backup database to an up-to-date version of MyBB won't work.  Most of that stuff throwing errors is in the database anyway, so you'd just be bringing the errors back.  Better to upgrade your old board - to 1833 at least.  Or wait for 1834, which will be released any day now.  Might still have plugin and other problems, but you need to get the core updated.  If you're going to run PHP 8x.
If you do not find the solution to the problems for free, I am at your service to solve the problem for non-free.

Telegram : @MostafaShiraali
Discord : MostafaShiraali#7754
(2023-05-20, 07:49 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]It's because your old board is less compatible with the PHP 8.2 your new server is running it would seem.  No idea what MyBB version you had before, and the PHP version of the old host.  First thing - change your error logging to file instead of email.  This post gives some ideas:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-237263...pid1384749

Merging a backup database to an up-to-date version of MyBB won't work.  Most of that stuff throwing errors is in the database anyway, so you'd just be bringing the errors back.  Better to upgrade your old board - to 1833 at least.  Or wait for 1834, which will be released any day now.  Might still have plugin and other problems, but you need to get the core updated.  If you're going to run PHP 8x.

So you suggest downgrading the PHP to 7.4 ?
Not sure many hosts would agree to that, or if it's even possible in your new environment.  Would've been nice to test for PHP 8.2 impact on your old board before the move, but here we are.

I'd change my error reporting to file as mentioned, then upgrade to 1834.  The latter has even more PHP 8 compatibility fixes as I understand it.  Then see what you have.

I'd also be curious about PHP error handling on that new host. Related thread:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-237799.html
Thanks