MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RT Discord Webhooks 1.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
RT Discord Webhooks
Is a simple but powerful integration of Discord Webhook API where you can customize and insert as many Webhooks as you want and customize the output!

#Plugin page
#Dependencies
#Features
  • Plugin is written to be future-proof and with strict typecasting!
  • Add multiple Discord Webhooks with 1 click!
  • Webhooks are cached to boost performance!
  • Rich and simple Discord message layout
  • Option to enable @everyone and @here mentions per Webhook
  • Option to post Discord message when new user registers
  • Option to post Discord message when new thread is posted
  • Option to post Discord message when new post is posted
  • NEW: Option to automatically update Discord message when thread/post is edited on forum.
  • NEW: Option to automatically delete Discord message when thread/post is soft-deleted on forum.
  • Automatically detect posting user avatar and username in rich message
  • Easy to configure, edit, and delete webhooks!
  • First [img] picture in post/thread is always taken as image in Rich Discord message
  • Customize rich message color, footer, footer icon, timestamp, thumbnail image, per every hook
  • Webhooks can be combined and used on multiple forums, usergroups in multiple channels!
  • Many more features

#Installation
  1. Copy the directories from the plugin inside your root MyBB installation.
  2. Settings for the plugin are located in the "Plugin Settings" tab. /admin/index.php?module=config-settings

#Update
  1. Deactivate the plugin.
  2. Replace the plugin files with the new files.
  3. Activate the plugin again.

#Removal
  1. Uninstall the plugin from your plugin manager.
  2. Optional: Delete all the RT Discord Webhooks plugin files from your MyBB folder.

#Feature request
Open a new idea by clicking here
RT Discord Webhooks 1.3

You can now ping users with @here and @everyone when posting/updating threads/posts.

Here is post/thread message example which will send pings to the discord users
@everyone @here

Helllo users,

This is important announcement!

PS: You can make separate hooks for usergroups and forums which can use mentions

#Changes
  • Added @everyone and @here mentions per hook
  • Fixed Markdown formatting
  • Minor updates

RT Discord Webhooks 1.4

# Changes
  • Fixed Fatal error when color is not set for non-rich messages
  • Removed webhook_type as it was just a placeholder
  • Added webhook_name to add reference name for better organization of webhooks
  • Organized Backend hooks and moved them to different classes
I apologize if this is a dumb question but I wanted to give this plugin a go as I very much enjoy the simpler/neater ACP functions of this plugin. However, I'm stumped for "Bot ID". I've been using Ryczypiór's version of this plugin for a very long time and only needed to input the webhook URL.

Does this plugin require bot creation in order to use?
(2023-05-22, 12:51 PM)Taylor M Wrote: [ -> ]I apologize if this is a dumb question but I wanted to give this plugin a go as I very much enjoy the simpler/neater ACP functions of this plugin. However, I'm stumped for "Bot ID". I've been using Ryczypiór's version of this plugin for a very long time and only needed to input the webhook URL.

Does this plugin require bot creation in order to use?

Bot ID references to the ID of some forum account to use avatar and name. I should probably clarify that better.
(2023-05-22, 12:58 PM)RevertIT Wrote: [ -> ]Bot ID references to the ID of some forum account to use avatar and name. I should probably clarify that better.

OH! That makes sense. Thank you.

I'd like to suggest allowing the usage of the users information (so avatar and what not) if at all possible. Smile Where it automatically just uses the UID of the account that triggered the outcome.
(2023-05-22, 01:00 PM)Taylor M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-05-22, 12:58 PM)RevertIT Wrote: [ -> ]Bot ID references to the ID of some forum account to use avatar and name. I should probably clarify that better.

OH! That makes sense. Thank you.

I'd like to suggest allowing the usage of the users avatar if at all possible. Smile

User avatar/username are used when Webhook embeds are enabled. Only posting bot account always stays the same due to consistency and logic.
Does this plugin still work? Because I have just installed it but I see that no messages appear on my discord channel. In the settings on my site everything is correct.
(2023-07-03, 11:36 PM)SELLECK87 Wrote: [ -> ]Does this plugin still work? Because I have just installed it but I see that no messages appear on my discord channel. In the settings on my site everything is correct.

I had the same issue however it was due to not selecting "watch groups" for the webhook. Which is unfortunate as I'd like it to push without having to select usergroups considering we change and update usergroups regularly so I'd have to update the webhooks every time.
(2023-07-04, 02:26 PM)Taylor M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-07-03, 11:36 PM)SELLECK87 Wrote: [ -> ]Does this plugin still work? Because I have just installed it but I see that no messages appear on my discord channel. In the settings on my site everything is correct.

I had the same issue however it was due to not selecting "watch groups" for the webhook. Which is unfortunate as I'd like it to push without having to select usergroups considering we change and update usergroups regularly so I'd have to update the webhooks every time.

So you don't see messages on discord either?
RT Discord Webhooks 1.5

[Image: mentions.png]
# Changes
  • Added support for 3rd-party plugins
  • Added more support for mentions (Role ID, User ID, Channel ID, @ here, and @ everyone)