MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: tried to upgrade to 1.8.34 but my forum is down now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Potentially, you can contact me on Discord and I can take a look for you.
i don't have discord
There are 2 ways, as you try to inject a backup:
1. edit the .sql file and remove the "create table" instrunctions (your tables already exists)
2. (dangerous) drop all the mybb tables in MySQL and import your .sql
Quote:1. edit the .sql file and remove the "create table" instrunctions (your tables already exists)

are there instructions for how to do it on the internet?
tnx

if you can write the steps needed to be taken it would be great
Sorry, I was unable to find instructions "how to edit a file".
Peharps can you try open it with any text editor and make changements, then save ?

And if your trouble is with removing the create table instructions, it begins with create table and finish with ;
so do you say i just need to open the backup .sql file and remove what you have mentioned, then import it? sounds easy. i can try that

[attachment=46025]
i've tried to remove it like you said and that's what i get.

here is the edited file..
CRLF vs LF ?
(2023-06-02, 10:15 AM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]CRLF vs LF ?

?
(2023-06-02, 06:59 AM)HAFOOCH Wrote: [ -> ]so do you say i just need to open the backup .sql file and remove what you have mentioned, then import it? sounds easy. i can try that

i've tried to remove it like you said and that's what i get.

here is the edited file..

It looks like only the beginning of CREATE TABLE statements were removed.

phpMyAdmin also allows you to delete (drop) selected tables, which you can do before importing the original backup file to make it work.
can you clarify a bit more?

what is actually the whole "CREATE TABLE" statement that i need to remove?

not sure exactly what you meant about phpmyadmin for making it work.. would you clarify?
Pages: 1 2 3 4