MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum ranking based on participation - Is there any plugin for that
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am thinking on getting the forum participation based.
Those who are more present and engage more in the community, maintain or up their ranks according to posts or say a special promotion I could do on auto. It is just an idea

Since I started a forum I see most just want to get in to gain information and then leave and their stats at times are really lousy
I would like to be able to set rules so those would go to a lower rank in accordance to their participation

Maybe it is I that is wrong, but my view of a forum is that it was made for people to interact in it
I don't particularly like to send PM's asking members to participate more

Anyone of you know of a plugin that can do this?

An idea a user gave me it would be of having some sort of plugin that mimics the game tokens, where people could ear different sort of badges when they get to a certain goal.

It could be user of the month
Top posts

I guess you get the idea

What I wanted to see would be more people helping others instead of being the same ones doing the heavy lifting

I hope you can help me with ideas or recommendations of plugins
Blush
Already you can use awards plugin for example to earn items by some types of activity and it is customizable, there are paid and free ones.

And another single plugin is My Activity i wrote it to only show users bars activity by posts and reputation earned, but it is only by a math random operation based and maybe it can be rewritten to add features and those stuff.

But the one that i suppose must help you is my awards plugin or ougc awards or similar stuff.
You can use my Custom Reputation Plugin to add a lot of different rating presets :
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=234

I think it is one of the most powerful plugins for ratings for MyBB, you can do some stuff like :
- Require users to rate a post to download attachments.
- Require users to rate a post to unlock content (xThreads).
- You can charge points to your users for rating and give these points to the post author (Newpoints).
- This integration with points is extendable because, for example, my Awards plugin allows automatic granting of awards upon achieving a set amount of points, plus a lot of other plugins that support Newpoints
- It is possible to remove awards based on points too, but not required, you can come up with your own mechanics with the awards task system.
- Fill your board with original achievements, focused on quality of content and exposure for such authors

The thing is to implement points in such a way that it is not a burden but a drive for your community. If you sell the points then you are commercial, and if you make it is hard to get free points there would be little motivation.

I will be updating my plugins in the following weeks, probably starting with the awards one because it is my most popular plugin, but the custom reputation plugin is one of my favorite plugins ever so I will eventually absolutely update it and if possible come with new ways to enhance its features as it is highly likely to be the last major update I do for all my plugins for MyBB 1.8.