MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Alternatives to Newpoints?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I'm looking for a simple alternative to newpoints. 

I have found Mint and its shop plugin, but seem to be having some trouble with uploading the shop. i'm not sure if it was ever finished/fully developed or if I just am not uploading it correctly.
Newpoints is good and expandable, but if you want a custom plugin with some custom features I can create as custom plugin (Non-free)
Mint is pretty much the sole public alternative, there are some sites that use custom systems. I will probably start offering support for Mint within my plugins in the upcoming updates I will be making, as I think it is likely Newpoints won't survive the transition to MyBB 1.9.

If you want to use Mint I suggest you open a support thread for any troubles you might find and be as detailed as possible as its usage is low so the user base won't be too familiar with the system, specially if you are vague.
(2023-06-06, 11:09 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Mint is pretty much the sole public alternative, there are some sites that use custom systems. I will probably start offering support for Mint within my plugins in the upcoming updates I will be making, as I think it is likely Newpoints won't survive the transition to MyBB 1.9.

If you want to use Mint I suggest you open a support thread for any troubles you might find and be as detailed as possible as its usage is low so the user base won't be too familiar with the system, specially if you are vague.

Hey I have just downloaded and uploaded mint + plugins to my forum, but it looks like it hasn't changed anything + I am not able to edit anything inside the mint + plugins doesn't want to install and active.

What am I doing wrong? Smile

Thanks