MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to change thread post color?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I recently modified some of Emerald theme code from green to red to meet my forum's overall look. I've managed to get every single little detail except the thread post color. If you look below, you'll see that instead of it being red like the rest of my forum, it's still green from the Emerald theme.

Am I able to change this in templates and/or themes or do I need to entirely make my own theme? Any help would be sincerely appreciated!

[attachment=46037]
Hi. It seems the color for the thread title is hardcoded into the template.

<div style="font-size: 20px; background: none;  color:#27ae60;" class="thead">

You can edit this without needing to create a new template. Here's a rough guide on where to find the code.

In the left sidebar you should see two links, Themes and Templates.

Click on Templates, which should show the manage template sets page with a list of all your installed templates.
Click on the Emerald Dark Templates link to show a list of all the template sets for Dark Emerald.

From this list scroll down and click on Show Thread Templates.
You may need to click on expand to show the set of templates for this section.

The template bit you need to edit is called showthread. It's the first one in the list.

If you click on showthread it should open up into a code editor.
The code to change is on line 33.

Hope that helps.
Thank you so much! I was looking forever on how to change this. I appreciate it.