MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration and login errors after upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there

Recently I upgraded my forum from mybb 1.8.5 to 1.8.34 and experiencing the following errrors

While trying to login with an existing username and password

"Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again. "

While trying to register, the registration form returns with an error message

[i]Please correct the following errors before continuing: [/i]
But no errors can be seen.

While trying to download attached files in the forum (This error displayed for admins also)

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
  1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
  2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
  3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
  4. You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

tried to solve it by changing  function generate_post_check() in  inc/functions.php
{
    return md5("nofeara");
}

as seen in  a mybb discussion,

but no result

Please help.
your templates are not up to date. Here you have to rework manually

Comparison site: https://www.mybb.de/doku/sonstiges/geaen...1834/1805/

for your login problem the following templates "error_nopermission", "header_welcomeblock_guest", "member_login" and "portal_welcome_guesttext" must be updated or reset, otherwise you may have problems logging in.
The following code must be present in each case:
Code:
<input name="my_post_key" type="hidden" value="{$mybb->post_code}" />

but there will be a lot more changes to do! Good luck!
Hello there

Tried inserting the code. but it did not solve the issue, then tried reverting the templates, after a lot of trials, things are better. Now I can register, login and download attachments from forums.

Some forums previously needed registration to download attachments. Still, that attachments are giving code mismatch errors.

When trying to set custom permissions for the forums to allow downloads for unregistered users, the browser window freezes and cannot continue.

Any suggestions ?