MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: fatal errors (smf to mybb)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
firstly, i am a bit new to all of this so bear w/ me Smile

i uploaded the contents of the merge folder under my public_html using FTP (made sure the binary/ASCII types matched each file) in a subdirectory, following the instructions on the instruction page

i first received a fatal error:
Fatal error: Declaration of debugErrorHandler::error($type, $message, $file = null, $line = 0) must be compatible with errorHandler::error($type, $message, $file = null, $line = 0, $allow_output = true) in /home/u203663537/domains/grimmoonrp.com/public_html/merge/resources/class_error.php on line 34

i then edited this file to reflect the additional ", $allow_output = true "

now i am receiving fatal error: 
Fatal error: Cannot declare class XMLParser, because the name is already in use in /home/u203663537/domains/grimmoonrp.com/public_html/inc/class_xml.php on line 13

not sure what this one even means / if i've screwed something up somehow along the way?

update: i have since used the github dev version of the merge package as i've seen linked in similar topics, but tbh that gave me SO many code errors when it launched.
(2023-06-13, 04:02 PM)southpacific Wrote: [ -> ]update: i have since used the github dev version of the merge package as i've seen linked in similar topics, but tbh that gave me SO many code errors when it launched.

Try it on with PHP 7 temporarily. The Merge System isn't compatible with PHP 8 right now, we're working on it.
(2023-06-15, 11:16 AM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-06-13, 04:02 PM)southpacific Wrote: [ -> ]update: i have since used the github dev version of the merge package as i've seen linked in similar topics, but tbh that gave me SO many code errors when it launched.

Try it on with PHP 7 temporarily. The Merge System isn't compatible with PHP 8 right now, we're working on it.

Is this the problem? PHP 8?

Cripes. Theres no way for us to downgrade back to an older Ubuntu to get PHP7 in place. Hmmm. How long do you think this will be? We are trying to get our super old and insecure PHP5 IPBv3 migrated to something new.
i got the same error.
any news on an update that works? or how do i get php 7? will that work when i manage to downgrade?