MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add "sans" font in default skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The default skin (and as such, most skins made from this) only has Verdana as it's main font meaning that for anyone not using Windows it looks absolutely terrible unless the user has a sans font set as their default font in their browser.

Would it hurt to add "sans" after Verdana so the browser automatically uses whatever sans font is available on the system?
font-family: Verdana, sans;

This way when 1.4 comes out, all it's skins will look nice on all OS's without other people having to add it. Also skins made based on the 1.2.10 set will look ok.
Do it, the default font drives me nuts.
(I know I can change my browsers default font but if i do this im just going to forget to add sans on my own sites.)
I think that would be very good to have Smile
Very good idea
I already brought this up. Definitely add it.

EDIT: I know that looks nice for Linux, but is 'Sans' on MacOS too?
My friend with a MacBook says they are "as far as he's aware". This works with any font ending with "sans" though.
The default fonts in MyBB 1.4 are:
Quote:Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif

Chris
Sans is a virtual font name and shows up as whatever font the visitor set up for their computer and / or browser.

Whenever you specify a font family in CSS, you should include a generic fall-back (serif, sans, cursive)
Yeah, that was my point in just putting "sans" and not "sans-serif" because not all OSs will have that particular type of sans font.
"sans" is not a valid generic font name - sans-serif is, which is the reason why it was added.

Please see http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/fonts.html...t-families.
Pages: 1 2