MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Do something to more than 20 users at once (Admin CP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So in the Admin CP, you can search and find a whole grouping of users (for this example, when I pull up "Validating" we have 6602 old junk accounts in there... bots, forgotten, junk).

Sadly, the checkbox to 'select all' only selects whats on the view, and thats just 20. So the "Delete all" option just does it to the 20 selected.

Not going to click scroll click delete click some 330 times to clean this mess up. Let alone mass do anything to all the banned spammer accounts, or mass upgrade some long time loyal accounts.

SURELY there is a way to do something to more than just 20 users at a time? I'm missing something, right?
Using just the ACP, you can select by various options - including user group - in the Find Users dialog.  Which sounds like the tool you're using.  Have a look at the Display Options and increase the Results per page.  And the Display results settings if you prefer.

I'd be careful.  No going back if you do a mass delete, without some sort of DB restore. Huh
I've got DB dumps, no worries there. This is a trial run anyhow working off copies of everything. So, seeing if this process works, and what steps to take when I fully commit all actions.

And thanks, I dug and looked, and found at the very bottom of the Find, there was an empty box of 'results per page' ... entering in 10000 showed them all. Checked the top box to select all, and perform a delete.... but then it only asked:

"Are you sure you want to delete these 679 user(s)?"

And when I said yes, it only deleted 679 users. So I did it a second time, and it asked:

"Are you sure you want to delete these 680 user(s)?"

Soo, apparently the inline edit javascript has a limit in data its sending. Makes me wonder if the last user id on the end is being truncated and its actually deleting some OTHER user at the end of the list than it should be. So I dug around, and noticed its using COOKIES to pass the id delete list (oy, who the hell does that), so no wonder there is a data limit.