MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Host Migration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i have a mybb forum and i wanted to migrate from my other host to another, so i have the database and files and i imported it, but it showed only the "Index of page" so i removed these files and installed mybb from cpanel, how do i use my old database
please read this Doc
(2023-07-05, 09:18 AM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]please read this Doc

Too bad the website actually got blocked thats why i needed to move to a new host
you don't need your old site if you have ftp-backup and database-backup

follow the instruction in the linked doc, from beginning up to the end!

and why was it blocked?
(2023-07-05, 09:27 AM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]you don't need your old site if you have ftp-backup and database-backup

and why was it blocked?

apparently for abuse, but there was only a few accounts registered and there was one post containing absolutely nithing Lol. i didnt wsnt to use it because of its limitations

(2023-07-05, 09:27 AM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]you don't need your old site if you have ftp-backup and database-backup

and why was it blocked?

I uploaded all of the files and cpanel shows the index of page. How do i fix that
delete index.html
(2023-07-05, 09:50 AM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]delete index.html

I meant it shows "index of page /forums/"
how far did you follow the instructions in the docs now?
(2023-07-05, 09:58 AM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]how far did you follow the instructions in the docs now?

i imported the database, changed the config.php credentials, basically i did everything but it shows this page
URL???

No index file is found when calling your domain.
1. your domain must redirect to the forums directory
or
2. you must call your forum like this: https://example.com/forums