MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyway to fix verification emails going to spam?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title states, I am looking for a way to fix verification emails that are going to spam!  The big problem is that most people know to check their spam boxes but it seems like my forum's verification emails are getting picked off by the main email carriers before they go to a members email reader of choice so they never see the email in their local spam folders.  It's bad...I have to activate 8 out of 10 new members because of no verification email!  I am using PHP mail which is maybe why this is happening?  Any help or insight would be appreciated greatly!
did you try to use smtp-mail-function?
(2023-07-08, 11:21 AM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]did you try to use smtp-mail-function?

I did try but I can't seem to get any mail to send through it when activated!  I'm not sure what SMTP host name to use?
the smtp hostname you get from your mailhoster
(2023-07-08, 11:28 AM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]the smtp hostname you get from your mailhoster

I set up an email account through cPanel so it uses my domain and it works fine but I'm not sure what host name to use.  I did send a ticket to my host to see what they suggest.  I tried several different names from cPanle but nothing works!

Can you use a regular yahoo account as an SMTP email?
do you use mail with Outlook or Thunderbird or on mobile phone with an app?

there you need the same host to send mails

if yahoo works? I don't no
(2023-07-08, 12:19 PM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]do you use mail with Outlook or Thunderbird or on mobile phone with an app?

there you need the same host to send mails

if yahoo works? I don't no

I got it to work...my host gave me the proper server name...it had to have mail.xxxxx.com and it started working!  Now to see if users get verification messages!  I can't test because it always seemed to work for me when I would run a register test. 

Thanks for the help!!