MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: order alphabetically theme selector?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

Is it possible to order alphabetically theme selector theme names?

Regards.
It appears the theme selector is populated from a query at line 5588 in inc/functions.php

5588          $query = $db->simple_select('themes', 'tid, name, pid, allowedgroups', "pid!='0'");

simple_select function builds the query and permits query options. This code is from inc/db_mysqli.php

760      /**
 761      * Performs a simple select query.
 762      *
 763      * @param string $table The table name to be queried.
 764      * @param string $fields Comma delimetered list of fields to be selected.
 765      * @param string $conditions SQL formatted list of conditions to be matched.
 766      * @param array $options List of options: group by, order by, order direction, limit, limit start.
 767      * @return mysqli_result The query data.
 768      */
 769  function simple_select($table, $fields="*", $conditions="", $options=array())

Looking at other simple_select() function calls, you could add an order_by option to the original query.
This is a core edit and is untested on my forum, but *should* work. Be prepared to revert the change.

Change line 5588 in inc/functions.php
          $query = $db->simple_select('themes', 'tid, name, pid, allowedgroups', "pid!='0'");
to
          $query = $db->simple_select('themes', 'tid, name, pid, allowedgroups', "pid!='0'", array("order_by" => "name", "order_dir" => "desc"));

Obviously, core edits need to be repeated if a version update changes the inc/functions.php file.
(2023-07-09, 01:14 AM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]It appears the theme selector is populated from a query at line 5588 in inc/functions.php

5588          $query = $db->simple_select('themes', 'tid, name, pid, allowedgroups', "pid!='0'");

simple_select function builds the query and permits query options. This code is from inc/db_mysqli.php

760      /**
 761      * Performs a simple select query.
 762      *
 763      * @param string $table The table name to be queried.
 764      * @param string $fields Comma delimetered list of fields to be selected.
 765      * @param string $conditions SQL formatted list of conditions to be matched.
 766      * @param array $options List of options: group by, order by, order direction, limit, limit start.
 767      * @return mysqli_result The query data.
 768      */
 769  function simple_select($table, $fields="*", $conditions="", $options=array())

Looking at other simple_select() function calls, you could add an order_by option to the original query.
This is a core edit and is untested on my forum, but *should* work. Be prepared to revert the change.

Change line 5588 in inc/functions.php
          $query = $db->simple_select('themes', 'tid, name, pid, allowedgroups', "pid!='0'");
to
          $query = $db->simple_select('themes', 'tid, name, pid, allowedgroups', "pid!='0'", array("order_by" => "name", "order_dir" => "desc"));

Obviously, core edits need to be repeated if a version update changes the inc/functions.php file.

Worked. But I want to show like this: Duende v3, Roundo Dark, Roundo Light, Simplicity Dark, Simplicity Light

And its showing like this:
[Image: 34d500d7b4.png]

Edit: Worked. When I use below code.

$query = $db->simple_select('themes', 'tid, name, pid, allowedgroups', "pid!='0'", array("order_by" => "name"));
Sorry. Desc is Z-A, Asc is A-Z and defualt.
I was one cup of coffee short when I posted that.
Glad you verified it's working.
(2023-07-09, 04:46 PM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry. Desc is Z-A, Asc is A-Z and defualt.

I have used asc but it didnt worked.

So, I have used this:

$query = $db->simple_select('themes', 'tid, name, pid, allowedgroups', "pid!='0'", array("order_by" => "name"));
(2023-07-09, 06:41 PM)jkcool Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-07-09, 04:46 PM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry. Desc is Z-A, Asc is A-Z and defualt.

So, I have used this:

That's not using ascending.

$query = $db->simple_select('themes', 'tid, name, pid, allowedgroups', "pid!='0'", array("order_by" => "name", "order_dir" => "asc"));
^ You have to replace the desc with asc...
(2023-07-10, 12:57 PM)Taylor M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-07-09, 06:41 PM)jkcool Wrote: [ -> ]

So, I have used this:

That's not using ascending.

$query = $db->simple_select('themes', 'tid, name, pid, allowedgroups', "pid!='0'", array("order_by" => "name", "order_dir" => "asc"));
^ You have to replace the desc with asc...

Its not showing in ascending order so I am using below code. But this code is only showing ascending on 1 theme only.