MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: is there an easy way to convert my mybb to another free system?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i couldn't get the solution to my problem and i want to extract the backup file information to install on another free system.

is that going to be easy?
who can help in that?

tnx
Do you really think this is the place to be helped for that ?
In your post yesterday https://community.mybb.com/thread-238344...pid1387075, there was a reply less than 10 minutes later, and a PM was sent which has not yet been read.

Followup might yield results.
(2023-07-10, 11:03 AM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]In your post yesterday https://community.mybb.com/thread-238344...pid1387075, there was a reply less than 10 minutes later, and a PM was sent which has not yet been read.

Followup might yield results.

haven't noticed the personal message......
i will reply soon as i'm switching from hostinger to another webhost [loading speed problems]

tnx much
i'm will send you a message i a moment..
I imported your backup into a test database. Your backup contains 3 sets of tables. One set has a mybb_ prefix. This would probably be a clean install somewhere around 5/5/2022. Same with tables with v8ud_ prefix, except with install around 6/2/2022. The tables with tatb_ prefix are the ones to use, and it appears to have been successfully upgraded to version 1.8.33

Since I don't know for certain what you have done in the past, I can't explain how you got to the current state. To restore your system, ensure you have the core files from version 1.8.33 on your server. Import the database and drop the tables with mybb_ and v8ud_ prefixes.

Make sure your inc/config.php file identifies the table prefix as tatb_, and of course, the correct database name and access credentials.

Depending on if your new server is running PHP 7 or 8, and what your configuration settings are in AdminCP, you may get warning notices. The first thing I would do is set your forum to closed, until it is running satisfactorily.

I'm not sure what your experience level is, so I am offering to get your forum up and running, if you send me your server level access credentials.
thanks
i sent you an email before i've seen your response here.

i do know about the 3 sets of tables.
but i never new how to remove the first two that i don't need.

please send me the database so i can import it without errors. if possible..
You can do it easily in phpMyAdmin. After you import the database, select the extra tables, then With Selected / Drop.

[attachment=46152]

I have always encouraged new learning experiences. Your email gives me more information about your experience, and I believe if you continue to administer your forum with guidance, you will learn more than if someone does it for you.

If your config.php is set up to run your forum with the tatb_ prefix, you should not have problems when upgrading to 1.8.34 later. Your goal is to get it running on 1.8.33 first.

How do I know what level? Table tatb_upgrade_data shows record currentscript: s:13:"upgrade56.php";

For things I'm not sure about, I always keep a notebook so I can refer to it. Always be able to answer with "here's what I did, and here's what I got."
well
i surprised to see the it got imported even tho there was an error. i dropped the unneeded tables too.

the data is still not in the forum itself tho..

so i opened the config.php file and it's looks something like that..

do i need to make the new installation with the credentials of the database i had before? or do i need to make it with the current system credentials? the table prefix is set to "tatb_".

[attachment=46153]
You changed to a new hosting, and you had a new forum installation.

1. If you uploaded the forum files to the new server, were they the same version php files you were using on your old server, i.e. 1.8.33, with all your plugins used previously?

2. If yes, then you can use phpMyAdmin to import your old data into a database named however you wish, as long as the config.php points to it with all the correct credentials.

3. If no, then you can create a new 1.8.33 forum using tatb_ as your table prefix, add all the plugins you had previously installed (the only one I could tell for sure was BAM+ Announcements Manager), then if the forum is working as you expect, you can import your old data into the current database using phpMyAdmin and continue using the existing config.php

You will want to drop all tables in that database before importing the old data.
Pages: 1 2