MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Allow CSS / Style tags in post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2023-07-14, 11:45 PM)Pradip Wrote: [ -> ]so , how the codes will be look like ?

I actually wrote most of that stuff for a custom platform, not MyBB. I'm not interested in porting it at the moment. I'll GPL the whole platform when I'm done with the new version. No idea when that will be. I'm not motivated to work on it at the moment. That's why I put up a MyBB forum on my site.

You can implement [blink] and [marquee] with preg_replace though. It doesn't have to be preg_replace_callback. Those are CSS transition effects that can be found with a Google search. You just need to add the styles for the replacement code in your stylesheet.

Internet Explorer 4 had blink and marquee tags. They were removed when the W3C decided to make HTML a strictly semantic language and remove style-oriented tags. For example, the I (italic) and B (bold) tags weren't allowed in XHTML unless you used the transitional doctype. They were later reinstated in HTML5.

I'm not entirely pleased with the marquee implementation I'm using. If the text is shorter than the container width, it takes awhile after the text scrolls off the left side of the container before it reappears on the right side.
Your solution in your first post worked fine. I used it right away after you posted. Thank you so much for your help.
Pages: 1 2