MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Transferring to new Host. Lots of Error Messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just transferred my website to a new host. I've migrated the database. I've uploaded the files. I've changed the config.php file and the settings.php. But I probably missed one of the settings because when the forum opens there are tons of error messages before you get to the actual forum. 

You can see the forum here: Doom Forum

Most of the errors involve the inc/functions.php

This is the error message I get the most: Warning [2] Undefined array key 4 - Line: 1449 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.28 (Linux)

I am currently running version 1.8.22 I could try and do the upgrade but that has led to problems in the past.

[attachment=46150]

I've decided to upgrade the software. But I ran into mySQL error 2002.

I still I have something wrong the settings.php file or the config.php file.

This is the full error message:
the displayed warnings are due to the fact that you are now using PHP8, which is much more restrictive

You can turn off these warnings in the ACP or edit them piece by piece and adjust the codes that are criticized. Most of the time it is about outdated plugins. If the MyBB is on current version, it should hardly go warnings.

ACP --> Configuration --> Server & Optimization Options --> Error Type Medium --> Hide Errors and Warnings

For your second problem: Your forum is running, so the database connection must fit, otherwise there would be nothing but a MySQL error message.
When does this MySQL error message appear?
Thank you for your help. I'm going to wait for the transfer to complete. I think that is causing a lot of the problems