MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Click to clear a nested quote in a reply box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was wondering if there is a plugin alrady, to allow clicking like an "X" icon on quotes in a reply texatarea (the fancy editor) to simply 'remove that quote block'.

Right now, trying to 'select the quote/text' and hit delete doesn't work well, and at most times starts duplicating empty quotes into the source which end up in the response body. Big mess which can then only be cleared by going into the 'View Source' editor and manually selecting specific quotes to clear (not for the simple user).

So for example I 'Reply' to someone who already had like two quotes in their post... but, I want to remove them while keeping the quote of their text ... I would just click an "X" on the nested unwanted quote boxes to clear out.

I'm thinkin its gotta be a hack into the mce javascript somewhere... but with everything minimized its a nightmare to dig through lol.

Sure I could set a global config of '1' nested quote.... but then thats enforced to everyone, even if they wanted to keep a couple nested quotes for canon.

Anyhow, just thinking.
Sounds useful Smile