MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: rename No Prefix and show post icons on main index page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I use a spiral bound notebook to mark my progress. How to save and backup database, which customizations I have made to core code and templates, passwords and access urls, all of those kinds of things. If I want my forum to survive me, it has to be down somewhere so someone else can take over and carry on. Why make someone have to start all over?

Including me, if I forget how I did something last year.

You want to find the correct place to insert a new line above the lastpost date and author, you'll need to find where the lastpost date and author is generated. Webtools will help. Go up in the list of code until you find a template tag that has a start but no corresponding end. Then compare the template with the generated output. You'll find it.

A forum's last post data is built from a function named build_forumbits()
In order to pull the posticon for the lastpost, it will have to be defined as an element of lastpost_data, which is either a core edit or a custom plugin which you can find someone to write. I am not aware one such exists.
(2023-07-26, 08:11 PM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]I use a spiral bound notebook to mark my progress. How to save and backup database, which customizations I have made to core code and templates, passwords and access urls, all of those kinds of things. If I want my forum to survive me, it has to be down somewhere so someone else can take over and carry on. Why make someone have to start all over?

Including me, if I forget how I did something last year.

You want to find the correct place to insert a new line above the lastpost date and author, you'll need to find where the lastpost date and author is generated. Webtools will help. Go up in the list of code until you find a template tag that has a start but no corresponding end. Then compare the template with the generated output. You'll find it.

A forum's last post data is built from a function named build_forumbits()
In order to pull the posticon for the lastpost, it will have to be defined as an element of lastpost_data, which is either a core edit or a custom plugin which you can find someone to write. I am not aware one such exists.

So which tool will I use for core code edit so it wont be change after the update ?
Pages: 1 2