MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post management buttons won't float right
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to move them from the bottom of a post to the top of a post. I manage to get them there but it insists having them float on the left even though their div says they should be floating on the right. I need them to float there on the right, by that post number and selection check box. I know I've managed to succeessfully move them to the top right before, but I can't at all remember how.

They're located just above the <div class="post_content">, their div says float_right. Is there something which width I need to increase in order for them to actually float right at that spot?

[Image: Screenshot-2023-07-14-at-21-23-54-Info.png]

EDIT:

So I managed to figure it out by myself after all. It was very simple.

In the postbit template of your theme in question; The <div class="post_controls"> stuff is at the very end of the template.  Just move them above the </div> that is just above them. Literally just put them two or three rows higher! (How many depends on if you have unnecessary empty rows in between divs or not. I do.) As in if you want to move only the post management buttons and not the author buttons, and have the management buttons float on the top right, the very end of the postbit template should look like this:

[Image: mybb-posttbit-template.png]

That is the case at least for the Dark Emerald theme on mybb version 1.8.34.
Not much anyone can help you with without providing the CSS and HTML in use, we can't replicate the issue and try to solve it without the information.
did you try something like this?
Make sure whatever CLASS your div is doesn't have an align specified in the CSS or that might over-ride your float right. 

<div style="float: right;"> PUT YOUR BUTTONS HERE </div>
(2023-07-16, 12:51 AM)korini-bambini Wrote: [ -> ]did you try something like this?
Make sure whatever CLASS your div is doesn't have an align specified in the CSS or that might over-ride your float right. 

<div style="float: right;"> PUT YOUR BUTTONS HERE </div>

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I did try that now, but in this case that wasn't the cause. But I did managed to solve this. I'll edit it into the original post for anyone else who may need it in the future.

(2023-07-15, 03:23 PM)Taylor M Wrote: [ -> ]Not much anyone can help you with without providing the CSS and HTML in use, we can't replicate the issue and try to solve it without the information.

Well, I figured I'm not the first or only one who has tried to do this and had this problem and therefor could suggest a possible cause. And I knew this problem shouldn't be that deep or complex as I had managed it before super easily. But I suppose I should've mentioned which theme and mybb version I am using and that I hadn't customizeed the postbit template before.

Anyway, I figured it out after all and it was indeed simple. I will edit it into the original post for anyone else who may need it.