MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading to the latest version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I  tried to do the usual upgrade on my localhost first. I faced no problem while doing it. It run perfectly fine. But after the upgrade I am seeing a very peculiar thing.

I am currently using MyAlerts plugin from Euan T for notifications. So, after the upgrade the notification number showing on the tab of my browser doubled. Like this.

[Image: noti.png]

Anybody any thoughts guys?
Hello !!!! Anything guys?
Here are two possibilities (tested and confirmed), although there are others:
  1. Somehow, a second, extraneous {$myalerts_js} has been added to your headerinclude template.
  2. Somehow, a second, extraneous line <script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/myalerts.js"></script> has been added to your myalerts_js_popup template.
If neither of those is it, then we can consider other possibilities.
(2023-07-18, 05:50 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Here are two possibilities (tested and confirmed), although there are others:
  1. Somehow, a second, extraneous {$myalerts_js} has been added to your headerinclude template.
  2. Somehow, a second, extraneous line <script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/myalerts.js"></script> has been added to your myalerts_js_popup template.
If neither of those is it, then we can consider other possibilities.

As usual you are a gem Laird.

Indeed there was an extra $myalerts_js in the headerinclude. Although how it got there I have no clue.