MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade from 1.8.34 to 1.8.35 on PHP 8.1.14 Errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tryied to make an upgrade, install script throws these errors:

Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 795 - File: install/upgrade.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File	Line	Function
/inc/class_error.php	153	errorHandler->error
/install/upgrade.php	795	errorHandler->error_callback
/install/upgrade.php	372	get_upgrade_store
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 795 - File: install/upgrade.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File	Line	Function
/install/upgrade.php	373	get_upgrade_store

The upgrade looks completed, but there is also an error:

Upgrade Complete
File	Line	Function
/install/upgrade.php	638	get_upgrade_store
/install/upgrade.php	405	upgradedone

Congratulations, your copy of MyBB has successfully been updated to 1.8.35.
why did you run the upgrade script? There is no install folder in the download of the changed files and therefore no fresh upgrade.php.
There was no need to upgrade for this update

Warnings are really only warnings, no errors; with warnings the script runs, which is no longer the case with errors.

You had already done the update by uploading all the new files; there were no templates or settings or database that needed to be adjusted this time.
We're aware of the issue. Don't worry about the warning, the upgrade function doesn't do anything wrong.

Thanks for the report and the thread will be moved to the bug and report section.
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/4736

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group
Upgrade Complete
Warning [2] Undefined variable $written - Line: 674 - File: install/upgrade.php PHP 8.2.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/install/upgrade.php 674 errorHandler->error_callback
/install/upgrade.php 405 upgradedone
Congratulations, your copy of MyBB has successfully been updated to 1.8.31.

Please remove this directory before exploring your upgraded MyBB.
I also routinely did the upgrade from 1.8.34 to 1.8.35.

It threw the message: "The upgrade process is not needed for this version. If you believe this may be an error, you can force the upgrade. Otherwise, please press Next to lock the installer."

I pressed "Next". I now know that it was a user error to call the install script in the beginning but the handling of the script is also wrong.

It tried to access something that is not there.

[attachment=46206]

Edit: I have to mention that I deleted the lock file before calling the install script, now it still shows the old version in the Dashboard. I had to upload all files again to show the right version.