MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: visibility of accounts that are wating for activation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do i make it the accounts waiting for activation won't be in the public users list just yet?

tnx
you can set this in acp with the group rights
AdminCP / Users and Groups / Groups menu item / click on Awaiting Activation / uncheck General Options "Yes, show this group on memberlist."
thank you
hi
there is a new user that awaiting activation but he/she is visible on the main forums page.
how can it be possible?
here are my settings.

can't get it

thanks for assistence
For that usergroup Awaiting Activation, go through all the tabs and set the permissions for what you want them to be able to do.

It's not clear what you mean by "visible on the main page". Do you mean in memerlist?
yes, the member list.
it says, on the main page.. 'welcome to our newest user' and his user name attached..

i've tried to see all the other settings but could not find the needed setting for that.

let me know if you know how can it be fixed.
just as a clear definition

Member page --> see here

Main page --> see here

As you describe it, you are talking about the main page and the stats area where Newestmember is listed

You can switch off this section as a whole, then every stats will be gone,

ACP --> Board Settings --> Forum Home Options --> Show Small Stats Section --> NO

or you can remove the line for Newest Member in the template, then no new member will be displayed at all

Template: index_stats

remove

{$lang->stats_newestuser}<br />

It is not possible without effort (plugin) to not display this only for non-activated users

none at all or all of them
thanks for the help and clarification

BTW
i don't see why it is needed to show greetings for a non activated user....