MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Image display size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed something strange...

I have my forum set to accept large images but I don't want them to display in supersize!  What I discovered is that if a member uploads a big photo as an attachment but doesn't click INSET INTO PAGE, the image will post at the specified thumbnail size of 800px that I set. 

BUT, if the member uploads a large photo and inserts it into the page, then it displays smaller than the thumbnail I have set! 

So, how can I regulate the size of attachments that are inserted into the page?  There has to be setting somewhere that I am missing!  Huh
In the default theme the scaleimages class selector resizes images, it is possible a similar trick is used in other themes.

Basically attachments inserted to the post are affected by a resize using CSS. If you check the image source they should be the same.
(2023-07-23, 05:58 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]In the default theme the scaleimages class selector resizes images, it is possible a similar trick is used in other themes.

Basically attachments inserted to the post are affected by a resize using CSS. If you check the image source they should be the same.

Attached images are being resized but I am having a problem with linked images...when an images is hotlinked on my site, it posts as full size!  I tested all my themes and the linked images are supersized on every one.  Is there a way to scale down linked images?  I used to use an old plugin called FIT TO PAGE that did the job but it is only for 1.6.

ETA: I think I fixed it by adding this to my CSS...

.post_body img {
max-width:  80% !important;
}