MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: First post of older threads not showing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2023-07-28, 10:40 AM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]Your config.sys says the coding is utf8, the server collation is utf8-mb4.
What is the encoding on the tables as shown in phpMyadmin , and are all the tables the same encoding?
What version MySQL. Can be seen on server stats page.

Database Collation

Actiondynastys_dshlatin1_swedish_ci
information_schemamautf8mb3_general_ci

MySQL

Database client version: libmysql - mysqlnd 8.1.
I have not upgraded my server beyond 5.7 so have no direct experience with your version. Check with your host as to when they changed version to 8.1 which may coincide with the anomalous behavior you first noticed 3 weeks ago.

It might be possible to brute-force the conversion, but this is beyond my experience level. In the table structure, the fields which matter will be character related. Tables may be converted by copying them to another database and specifying which table collation applies.

Whatever you do, make a backup of your production database. Good luck.

https://dev.mysql.com/blog-archive/upgra...d-to-know/ Wrote:Several of the defaults have been changed in MySQL 8.0. The most important change in defaults has been the change in the default value of ‘character_set_server’ and ‘character_set_database’ from ‘latin1’ to ‘utf8mb4’. Also the default value of ‘collation_server’ and ‘collation_database’ has been changed from ‘latin1_swedish_ci’ to ‘utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci’. Since the defaults have been changed, there is a possibility of noticing a change in the behavior after upgrading to MySQL 8.0. See New Defaults in MySQL 8.0. Information about variables that have been added, deprecated and removed can be found in the MySQL documentation.
Pages: 1 2