MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Set Default for New Thread Email Notifications
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,

I've been trying to find this information for a few hours now, and perhaps I'm simply missing it, but if someone could point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful.

When my users create a new thread "Post Options -> Email Notification" is checked by default. I would like this option to be unchecked by default for all new threads. I don't need this to be effective for my users who are already registered, but I'd like it to be set for all new users.

MyBB Version: 1.2.3
DB Version: MySQL 4.0.27
PHP Version: 4.3.11

Thanks very much in advance.

EDIT: Hm, it would appear that this is only the case for the "test user" I created in my Admin CP. A user who registers through the normal means does not have this. Still any information that could clear this up for me would be appreciated.
User CP --> Edit Options - uncheck "Automatically subscribe to threads you post in."
I sort of have the opposite request. I want this to automatically be checked whenever a user posts a thread.

How can I do this? i checked everywhere Wink

Thanks