MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Invalid Address in D:\freehost\chuanchuan\web\forum\inc\functions.php on line 374
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
after registration shows this message:
"Invalid Address in D:\freehost\chuanchuan\web\forum\inc\functions.php on line 374".
my forum cannot send activation emails. what is the problem? i visited the help page about email,and tested the test.php. it failed too:
Warning: mail() [function.mail]: "sendmail_from" not set in php.ini or custom "From:" header missing in D:\freehost\chuanchuan\web\testmail.php on line 6
PHP could not send the mail

appreciate your help.
I found that the forum cannot send notification email......
Sad
If your using a free server than it's been disabled, which means there's nothing we can do about it. If your using a paid server, then you need to contact your host and get them to fix your server.
Tikitiki Wrote:If your using a free server than it's been disabled, which means there's nothing we can do about it. If your using a paid server, then you need to contact your host and get them to fix your server.

thanks,Tikitiki.but i am a totally fresher, even of php. i still have some questions.

i am using a paid server. so i should ask them to fix the problem? is this problem caused because the server dosenot support the php mail service?

i am using lifetype(an open-source blog) as our blog, and i can use smtp service by setting some parameters. can mybb do that?
Yes, you need to contact your host to fix the mail settings. MyBB 1.4 will have SMTP
thanks.Big Grin