MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't take the forum live.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forum is  gkforum.a3ri.org .  The Admin panel runs fine. When I click "View Forum", it displays a "Sample Page" (see attachment) with the message:

Mindblown: a blog about philosophy.   Hello world!
It looks like you have installed WordPress in the root directory (alongside MyBB?). You'll need to change your filesystem configuration so that one or the other is installed in a sub-directory. They can't both be installed in the root directory.
(2023-08-06, 01:31 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like you have installed WordPress in the root directory (alongside MyBB?). You'll need to change your filesystem configuration so that one or the other is installed in a sub-directory. They can't both be installed in the root directory.

Laird. Thank you for this lead. It appears, somehow, a second version of WordPress was installed directly in the folder that contains MyBB! So there are 2 copies of WP in my account, one at root, and a second in the MyBB directory! I'll let you know what happens.

Laird,

That was the problem. Somehow, WordPress was also loaded into the file where MyBB was loaded. It had some kind of locks on it, so I couldn't remove it. I'm running on BlueHost. I get pretty good support from them. The tech said she couldn't remove them but did something in the background to disable them. That cleared the problem. So, let's mark this issue as SOLVED! Thanks.