MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] Plugins became incompatibles from 1.8.34 to 1.8.35
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there.

I made an upgrade from 1.6 to 1.8.34 without any problems. But, as I saw the new update was available, I applied it thinking that nothing bad could happen now the bigger upgrade was OK. Undecided

Now, I'm in trouble. The plugins that were compatible now cannot be load. I didn't see any updates to them, so does someone has any tip that I can follow to try fix this issue?
I'm mostly interested to enable the Security Question and Auto-Unapprove Filter.
[Image: Plugins-1834.png] [Image: Plugins-1835.png]

/Micheus

I decided to replicate the forum at home and I couldn't experience this problem. Maybe it's something related to SourceForge which is our provider.
I noticed the message bellow when trying to run Plugin Update or Browse Plugins Sad :
Quote:There was a problem communicating with the MyBB server. Please try again in a few minutes.

Is there something I can by hand in order to get they back to work again?
4/5 I checked are all 1.6x plugins.  The last not sure, just tired of typing. Toungue

Makes me suspect you ran the full upgrade to 1834 with them activated, thus avoiding problems caused by deactivation / reactivation.  You could try changing the compatibility in the plugin php file.  But still might have problems - hard to say with old plugins.

From Starpaul's moveposts.php:

// The information that shows up on the plugin manager
function moveposts_info()
{
	return array(
		"name"				=> "Move Posts",
		"description"		=> "Allows moderators to move posts from one thread to another.",
		"website"			=> "http://galaxiesrealm.com/index.php",
		"author"			=> "Starpaul20",
		"authorsite"		=> "http://galaxiesrealm.com/index.php",
		"version"			=> "1.1.1",
		"guid"				=> "c8142214157b9470bdad92ad24658683",
		"compatibility"		=> "16*"
	);
}
Note that old plugins are also incompatible with new MySQL/mariaDB default settings: sending null to an autoincrement field will throw an error. You'll have to remove some lines in settings parts (usually gid => null, and sid => null,).
And some reserved keywords in sql queries (as row and rows) were often used and must be changed if you don't want to get sql errors
Thank you guys. I'm going to check these suggestions.

I also think they are old plugins, but I couldn't find new ones similar to them. Sad

What is interesting is that although the plugin seems to be broken two of them have their settings available (although it looks wrong have to for Favicon).
And I also noticed in the console that it happen an error related to tabs.js.
I'm not an expert in web coding, but I have no idea why the code shown in the console is different from the code I see on the editor for admin/jscripts/tabs.js. Huh

[Image: Plugins-installed.png]
I don't know these old plugins

but I think:
Board Messages? is this something like announcements = function of 1.8
Favicon-Plugin: Nonsense, nobody needs a plugin to set a favicon, this is simply a resource hog
Auto-Unaproove-Filter? don't know what this does
Move Posts --> function of 1.8, you don't need a plugin for this, it is in the moderator tools
Min. Posts... etc. --> look at the group permissions what can be set in 1.8

learn about 1.8 by reading the Docs
a lot of stuff has changed from 1.6 to 1.8
bv64 thanks for the comments.

Yeah. I also think they has no sense since nowadays these functionalities should already be part of the default distro.

I got this forum for admin a couple years - I never did that before and I didn't think to play around this kind of upgrade (big amount of changes) - if it's working, don't touch on it. But, now that was necessary due to the host be upgrading the PHP to the current one.

I removed all of them except the "Auto-Unaproove-Filter" (unapprove posts that contains inappropriate words). I searched in the file content, but no file was found.
So, do you know if there is any other place in the database which I can check for this information to be displayed on admin board?
Looking at filter.php, expect it's likely to encounter the problems @Crazycat mentioned with newer mysql versions.  Don't see any instructions related to installation or operation, so you'd just have to find filter.php to even change the compatibility.  Here it is:

function filter_info()
{
	return array (
		"name"        => "Auto-Unapprove Filter",
		"description" => "Automatically unapproves new threads or posts that contain certain words or phrases.",
		"website"     => "http://www.mybbwebhost.com",
		"author"      => "MyBBWebHost",
		"authorsite"  => "http://www.mybbwebhost.com",
 		"version"     => "1.0",
		"compatibility" => "16*",
		"guid"        => "e2b0a35fe9a1e175b718e72231ff5728",
        	);
}
And here's the extend link - Auto-Unapprove Filter.

I be tempted to live without it.  Or try Crazycat's ABP Restrict URL.  Totally different approach, but an effective anti-spam and abuse tool on it's own.  And you've got the MyBB word filter to add to your toolbox. Smile
(2023-08-08, 07:10 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at filter.php, expect it's likely to encounter the problems @Crazycat mentioned with newer mysql versions.
Thanks nixer55. That helped.

nixer55 Wrote:I be tempted to live without it.  Or try Crazycat's ABP Restrict URL.  Totally different approach, but an effective anti-spam and abuse tool on it's own.  And you've got the MyBB word filter to add to your toolbox. Smile
Thanks for the advise/suggestion.

Something that is still causing some issues when navigating on the Admin Controla Panel is that error I see in the console (using the Development Tools):
Uncaught ReferenceError: Class is not defined
    at tabs.js:86:16
(anônimo) @ tabs.js:86

and it came from the "uncompressed" tabs.js (because the code I see at the admin/scripts is like a macro - not the one at the browser) in this fragment:
:
/**
 * @author Ryan Johnson <[email protected]>
 * @copyright 2007 LivePipe LLC
 * @package Control.Tabs
 * @license MIT
 * @url http://livepipe.net/projects/control_tabs/
 * @version 2.1.1
 */

if(typeof(Control) == 'undefined')
	var Control = {};
Control.Tabs = Class.create();
Object.extend(Control.Tabs,{
	instances: [],
	findByTabId: function(id){
		return Control.Tabs.instances.find(function(tab){
			return tab.links.find(function(link){
				return link.key == id;
			});
		});
	}
});

:

the html of the admin page has this head:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head profile="http://gmpg.org/xfn/1">
	<title>Plugins</title>
	<meta name="author" content="MyBB Group" />
	<meta name="copyright" content="Copyright 2023 MyBB Group." />
	<link rel="stylesheet" href="styles/default/main.css?ver=1813" type="text/css" />
	<link rel="stylesheet" href="styles/default/modal.css?ver=1813" type="text/css" />
	<link rel="stylesheet" href="styles/default/config.css" type="text/css" />
	<script type="text/javascript" src="../jscripts/jquery.js?ver=1823"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="../jscripts/jquery.plugins.min.js?ver=1821"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="../jscripts/general.js?ver=1821"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="./jscripts/admincp.js?ver=1821"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="./jscripts/tabs.js"></script>
	<link rel="stylesheet" href="jscripts/jqueryui/css/redmond/jquery-ui.min.css" />
	<link rel="stylesheet" href="jscripts/jqueryui/css/redmond/jquery-ui.structure.min.css" />
	<link rel="stylesheet" href="jscripts/jqueryui/css/redmond/jquery-ui.theme.min.css" />
	<script src="jscripts/jqueryui/js/jquery-ui.min.js?ver=1813"></script>
  <style type="text/css">.popup_button { display: none; } </style>
  <script type="text/javascript">
:

Does someone see any missing script file? I didn't change anything.
Do you use some custom theme for the ACP ?
(2023-08-15, 02:09 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Do you use some custom theme for the ACP ?
Yes. I'm using Emerald.
I asked some questions at their forum, but I didn't get any reply. Undecided
Pages: 1 2