MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: disable side boxes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Confused I am unable to find an option to disable some sideboxes that appear by default, or be able to edit the content and title of custom sidebox.
I'm sorry if I missed some documentation or config option, I am really stupid...
No answer at all Sad ?
Half of your answer is in the css.

https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_displa...bility.asp Wrote:Display: none;

display: none; is commonly used with JavaScript to hide and show elements without deleting and recreating them. Take a look at our last example on this page if you want to know how this can be achieved.

The <script> element uses display: none; as default.

The other half is in the templates of the theme. If you use the browser development tools and you have template tags enabled, you should be able to identify the source by selecting the element you wish to inspect and make modifications to control with CSS.

The content is driven by the template. If you were more specific about what you wanted to change, your questions would be easier to answer. And, you might provide a link to your site so someone could take a look.

Yes, there's a learning curve, and you gotta start somewhere.