MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass-email throttling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you really have that much customised code, you should probably just download the latest 1.2.x archive and then run it through a difference analyser against the 1.1.8 files and then manually do the code changes and run the upgrade script.

By the way, that would be an incredibly horrible and time consuming job, so if possible, give it to someone you don't like very much Toungue

Then, as Tiki said, you should set about converting as many of your modifications as possible to plugins.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you that id you did this, a backup would be essential and it would probably be a good idea to do the modification on your localhost or a test area on your website to avoid a load of downtime while you did it.
I know....but I have no devs...therefore I've been offering work here on this board for the last 2 years almost....been ready to pay for someone to migrate our thingy to 1.4...but no takers...at the latest, when they see our system...they back off Sad
as it turned out the throttling in MyBB is manual...

so we ended up writing our own that allows us to define batch-size and interval between the batches....works like a charm Smile
MrDoom Wrote:...
By the way, that would be an incredibly horrible and time consuming job, so if possible, give it to someone you don't like very much Toungue

are you volunteering?? Smile
If you'd have asked me a couple of months ago and offered to pay me, maybe. As it is I start back at Uni tomorrow so have no time.
hehe...funnily enough I've offered it to half mybb-staff so far and offered to pay money for it as well....still no takers.. Sad
That said, I haven't seen the (from what I can gather) horror I would be working on Toungue
MrDoom Wrote:That said, I haven't seen the (from what I can gather) horror I would be working on Toungue

http://www.uwpiaa.org (EVERYTHING you see there is linked to MyBB-core and things you don't see as well)

CMS, the Mass-email-system, data-extraction-tools, even one webshop (which is to be replaced by oscommerce soonish....bridge for that would be nice!)
Pages: 1 2