MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users can't use "Find All Posts"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason admin accounts can use the link on profiles to "Find all Posts" but regular member accounts cannot. I can't find the setting to fix this. I have gone into usergroups > Forums & Posts > Viewing Options > and check-marked to allow "Can search forums?" but that doesn't seem to fix it. Any ideas?
I think group and forum permissions are pulled from cache.

Check AdminCP / Tools and Maintenance / Cache Manager, then check forumpermisions for 3 keys.
                    [canview] => 1
                    [canviewthreads] => 1
                    [canonlyviewownthreads] => 0

and usergroups for 2 keys.
            [canview] => 1
            [canviewthreads] => 1

You can verify the cache gets updated with a setting change. If cache is not updated, try rebuild cache.
I checked those and it looks the same as you posted above. Tried rebuild all in cache manager and still no luck. When I hit "Find all Posts" it acts like its searching but then doesn't come back with any results. Here's what it shows for a member account,  but when I'm logged in as an admin it gets results: 

[attachment=46224]
Maybe the "Can search forum?" checkbox for the forums in which the member has posted is unchecked for the usergroups of ordinary members.

You can access that checkbox at Forums & Posts » Options [beside a forum] » Permissions » Set Custom Permissions [beside a usergroup] » Miscellaneous
That looks like it could be it (thank you so much) Is there a way to quickly set this? because I have 10 member-groups that need to be updated and 15+ forums to update that in (so a LOT of changes if I do it one at a time).
I don't know of a way in the ACP web interface (perhaps somebody else does), but this database query should work, where mybb_ needs to be replaced with your own table prefix if you've customised it:

update mybb_forumpermissions set cansearch=1

Then rebuild the cache as HLFadmin advised in an earlier post.
Thank you that worked like a charm.