MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: From apache to nginx. Lost security features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently changed provider and went from Apache to NGINX

but during transition I have lost some security features my former developer did
2 factor login with just a dialog box and a Q & A password

Things used to be under a folder called MyBBGate and now my forum to work has folder like INC and other outside becauste the .htaccess wasn't working the same way

And the worst is that I lost the ability to have the backups stored away on a non public folder

I have read the security recommendations you make but I couldn't find anywhere how to do the transition

Are these easy fixes or do I need to hire someone to help me out with these?
You'll have to hire someone to adapt the apache config to nginx.
.htaccess doesn't exist with nginx, and the settings are quite different.
(2023-08-13, 11:59 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have to hire someone to adapt the apache config to nginx.
.htaccess doesn't exist with nginx, and the settings are quite different.

Crazycat do you know trustworthy people in the community who charge a fair price for that.
I really need to solve this issue that is going on for too long and it poses security issues I don't need.

Our last developer was also a member but since Covid he never gave any other news despite our contacts and now we are faced with, choosing someone experienced that also knows well MyBB.

If you give me any recommendations it is ok to contact me using PM

I am very grateful for your insight Shy