MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: FlashFXP and lycos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

hey all... im new on this forum, i have a question, i have lycos as webhost and i also have FlashFXP, i know with these two things i can do MyBB work, but i don't have any idea on how... can anyone help me please? thx!
What would the url be to your forum?
I'm assuming you have Lycos.co.uk hosting, the others don't support php (last I checked anyway). In FlashFXP go to the sites menu and go to site manager and enter ftp.members.lycos.co.uk in ip address. Then Username and password is what you use to log into Lycos. Then Install MyBB like the instructions say.
mm.. heres what i did so far and i don't know if it's ok... i'm usin lycos.es but if i need to change to co.uk i will, the thing is, by now i uploaded all the files of the upload folder of MyBB to lycos, then i went to the mylink.com/forum/install thing, the problem is, when it asks for some database host, username, password, database name and table prefix... i don't know what to do there
Well when you log into Lycos there should be something about php. Click it and maybe it will give you the MySQL info.
hey, i've done it and i got the info i was lookin for, now... i have this touble, when i log on into my forum, it shoots me this warning:
Warning: php_uname, ini_get, ini_alter, ini_restore, ini_set, getrusage, mysql_list_dbs, get_current_user, set_time_limit, getmyuid, getmypid, dl, leak, listen, chown, chmod, chgrp, realpath, tmpfile, link, mb_send_mail() has been disabled for security reasons in /data/members/free/tripod/es/j/u/l/'myusername'/htdocs/Foro/inc/functions.php on line 634
what is it?
Lycos has restrictions on what functions you can use in PHP. I think My BB uses php_uname and so that's why it gives you a warning.
so it will always give me the warning??

another thing, is there anyway to change the admin cp to spanish?
ok, i've read that thread u linked, but, where do i find that line?!?
Pages: 1 2