MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: /install/index.php file not displayed correctly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What exactly is exec?

EDIT: I was able to "open" the PHP file with x10hosting but the same thing happened as with SmartFTP; Firefox opened new blank tabs and I had to restart my computer.
exec is used to run Linux commands from PHP, example MyBB uses uptime which outputs the server uptime, users in ssh, and the 1 minute, 5 minute, and 15 minute load averages.
the uptime command in exec is harmless. If you can disable everything but uptime rather than exec itself, it will still be as safe
OOOh. Well I think the biggest problem is the weird blank tabs that are freezing the computer. Is there like a code in the php file or something that could be doing that?
pokerplayer269 Wrote:OOOh. Well I think the biggest problem is the weird blank tabs that are freezing the computer. Is there like a code in the php file or something that could be doing that?

No. Sounds like your computer is a bad lemon
Ohh. Do you ahve any idea what might be wrong with it?
Well, a fix would be to not open the .php file in SmartFTP. Instead point your browser to the installer, if you are trying to edit the installer code (and I'm not sure why you would be) then open it in a text editor (not Windows Notepad) and make the changes before uploading the file to your FTP server.
Pages: 1 2