MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change database from postgresql to mariadb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have installed MyBB via docker-compose using postgresql. Everything is working great and I spent some time setting everything up and creating subforums, users, etc...

However when I decided on a theme and tried to install it, I had some issues. Eventually I figured out that the theme/plugin works when using mariadb, but not using postgresql.

I am wondering if there is an easy way to import my existing forum data from the original build to the new build using mariadb or if it is possible to switch the database of an existing installation? I do not care about preserving comments or posts, but I would prefer not to have to recreate all the forums and subforums as there are quite a few.

I have looked into the "Merge" utility and while it looks like it should be able to do this, I ran into a lot of errors running it and I also could not get it to communicate with the database. I assume this is because of how I am running it with docker-compose but I am not sure.

Any advice would be appreciated before I give in and start rebuilding the forum from scratch.

Thanks
You'd have to use a third party tool.
(2023-08-23, 04:16 AM)NathanĀ Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You'd have to use a third party tool.

Thanks. That's what I assumed. I was looking into a few already... At this point I'm thinking for the amount of work some of the 3rd party solutions seem to involve, I may as well just build it again. There really isn't THAT much to recreate.