MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: is this bug is because of the latest update that have been to the system?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=46303]
there is a question mark at the main page title of the thread.
when entering it it is ok. it happens just when on the main page.
thanks
A character cannot be displayed in the current character set, so it is rendered as an unknown.

It seems to occur when a word is truncated to make a line shorter, and not at a word boundary.

[attachment=46305]

Do you have any bad_words defined? No, that shouldn't be it.

spurious rabbithole deleted.
hi there.
i'm not sure what to do. please explain,
In AdminCP / Tools and Maintenance / View PHP Info, scroll down and see if mbstring module is enabled.

[attachment=46306]

If mbstring is enabled already, then it could be related to your database encoding.
Also, what results do you have when looking at AdminCP / Tools and Maintenance / UTF-8 Conversion tab?
listen. i don't know how the problem got fixed by itself before i even tried to fix it with the instructions you gave me..

thanks.. if it will repeat i will try your suggestion Smile

anyhow, im uploading the UTF-8 Conversion screenshot

only the first one is not with a check mark
(2023-09-10, 11:15 AM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]In AdminCP / Tools and Maintenance / View PHP Info, scroll down and see if mbstring module is enabled.

I asked this one, because if mbstring is not enabled, the function which truncates the subject line could produce the unknown character because the truncation is based on substr() rather than mb_substr().