MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I can't upload images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please help. For a long time now users can't upload images. The button/link for it just disappeared. Please how can I restore it. I normally use automatic upgrade.

[attachment=46316]
the attachment system changed with version 1.8.27 (if I remember right); your templates have not been updated

check for the templates changed from 1.8.26 to 1.8.27

https://www.mybb.de/doku/sonstiges/geaen...1827/1826/
(2023-09-11, 05:47 PM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]the attachment system changed with version 1.8.27 (if I remember right); your templates have not been updated

check for the templates changed from 1.8.26 to 1.8.27

https://www.mybb.de/doku/sonstiges/geaen...1827/1826/

Thank you. I will take time to look into your advice. I'm not very good with codes though.
it's not as hard as it might seem
Simply check whether the changes are included in your templates and if not, then enter them
Following up on bv64's advice, you might find this thread relevant:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-232806.html

Post 4 in the above thread lists the templates most likely at fault, which navigating Find Updated Templates in the ACP should reveal.

Not sure what you mean by automatic upgrade, unless it's a scripted upgrade / install provided by your web host.  Something like cPanel softaculous for example.  Those can be problematic in many cases.
@nixer55 good addition and very useful link!

@Henlus
You should always keep in mind that an update only changes templates that are in their original state. For all other templates, the admin has to take action himself, which unfortunately most people don't know
(2023-09-13, 07:14 AM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]it's not as hard as it might seem
Simply check whether the changes are included in your templates and if not, then enter them

Thank you for your time. Please the link you shared. I went to attachment.php and saw to codes in left and right columns. They also have different background colors. What do that mean? The instruction is not in english.

(2023-09-13, 08:45 AM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]Following up on bv64's advice, you might find this thread relevant:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-232806.html

Post 4 in the above thread lists the templates most likely at fault, which navigating Find Updated Templates in the ACP should reveal.

Not sure what you mean by automatic upgrade, unless it's a scripted upgrade / install provided by your web host.  Something like cPanel softaculous for example.  Those can be problematic in many cases.

Thanks. That link is 2021, is it still relevant now?

By automatic update I meant cron job or so. Can't remember exactly but the feature is in mybb cpanel.

(2023-09-13, 10:12 AM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]@nixer55 good addition and very useful link!

@Henlus
You should always keep in mind that an update only changes templates that are in their original state. For all other templates, the admin has to take action himself, which unfortunately most people don't know

Thanks i will take note from now.
on the left side is the old code on the right sight the changes

Colors:

white - no changes
green - added
yellow - modified
red - removed

I don't know whether the page exists in this form here on the international board; Since I originally come from the German board, that's just how I know them

And yes, the link from nixer55 is relevant, cause this was the time attachment-system has changed
(2023-09-17, 05:16 AM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]on the left side is the old code on the right sight the changes

Colors:

white - no changes
green - added
yellow - modified
red - removed

I don't know whether the page exists in this form here on the international board; Since I originally come from the German board, that's just how I know them

And yes, the link from nixer55 is relevant, cause this was the time attachment-system has changed

Thank you very much. Let me calm down and look into those codes.
(2023-09-17, 05:16 AM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]on the left side is the old code on the right sight the changes

Colors:

white - no changes
green - added
yellow - modified
red - removed

Please tell me which one is the old and new. The codes on the right correspond to what is in my files.
Pages: 1 2