MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AJAX QuickReply for MyBB 1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Well, if you're like me and too impatient to wait for the 1.4 release of MyBB (which will be awesome Toungue), I just love quick replying through AJAX, so I decided to make this mod.

One thing with IE however - Microsoft, being very annoying, has some very silly logic, which causes this not to work properly. This uses a little hack to get around MS's silly restriction, however, there's some side effects:
  • After posting a quick reply, the edit menus of the posts above work. (quick edit of the post which was just made, still works)
  • Inline moderation seems to go weird.

These issues are purely Javascript, so a page refresh will always fix it. Plus, these only exist in Internet Explorer.
(from what I can tell, MyBB 1.4 uses separate tables, like vBulletin, to get around MS's silly logic)

Download and preview available here

PS: If you have any comments, criticisms, issues or whatever, feel free to post!
I hope some people find this useful Toungue
Great to have this already. Wink
PS: If you have any comments, criticisms, issues or whatever, feel free to post!

Make a Full Plugin Of It =P
LeX- Wrote:Make a Full Plugin Of It =P

agree with that
Great. It would be awesome to have it as a plugin.

Also, I tried registering to your Forums to test it out, but it won't let me because of the AJAX registration. Once I put my Username, it says "Checking..." Then it says available, once I tab, the username erases so when I click register it says I haven't put a Username. You might wanna look into this.
Nice work
but this can load my server a lot, right?
anti-Flood feature will continue to work as planned?

Thanks
DCR Wrote:Great. It would be awesome to have it as a plugin.

Also, I tried registering to your Forums to test it out, but it won't let me because of the AJAX registration. Once I put my Username, it says "Checking..." Then it says available, once I tab, the username erases so when I click register it says I haven't put a Username. You might wanna look into this.
Oh, didn't know about that. I disabled the AJAX Cool Registration plugin, but I guess it left some things behind. I'll look into it, thanks.
Though the quick registration at the top of the page _should_ work...

aglioeolio Wrote:Nice work
but this can load my server a lot, right?
anti-Flood feature will continue to work as planned?
I believe anti-flooding is handled by the datahandler, so yes, it should still work Toungue (if the user tries flooding with quick reply, it'll display an error).

Thanks for comments guys - I'll make it do the template replacements when I have the time... You'll still have to manually do the showthread.php replacement however...
It does not work with fire fox
Sorry for being a bit AWOL.
I've updated the first post with a new version.

Version 1.1 changes:
  • Plugin now performs template replacements
  • Added a premodified showthread.php
  • Fixes a bug with the inline moderation checkbox on replies made through quick replying
  • If it can be determined, at the time the page is displayed, that making a quick reply will require a redirect (eg, someone posting from the first page in a multi-page thread, or if the current page is already full of posts), the normal quick reply procedure will kick in, instead of using AJAX
  • I've tried, but haven't been able to get this working with IE, so for now, the AJAX quick reply is disabled in IE

Lapsetur Wrote:It does not work with fire fox
It does here... >_>
What version are you running? What issues are you having? Have you cleared your cache? Is this on my forum, or yours?

Thanks.
It seems to work for me on Firefox but it doesn't actually show the post being posted. For example I only see the "Please Wait..." with the loading circle and it stays like that but if I go to the index of the forum or something it shows that it posted the post.

So basically I just can't see when it posts it like when I see it being posted on vBulletin. I just see the loading box and it stays that way.

I have the newest firefox btw.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5