MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Imgur pictures being deleted from the forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

can other forum administrators confirm that they are also experiencing Imgur deleting pictures?
On ours it goes to a few hundreds now.

I wanted to know if any of you are aware of any self hosted picture service that won't ve subject to these kinds of rule changes. I still remember tinypic and see a forum where I was a member lose every single images they had on threads.

I was looking for a solution we could host on our server and had an API that maybe we could tweak a little the imgur plugin in order for it to work in the exact same way, drag and drop

There is also the question that the more time passes the more images it erases and they are not nudity, explicit or anything like that but maybe their algorithm identifies them that way.

What would you recommend for me to rip the full forum in order to keep a backup copy in e.g. a HTML format for instance so we can go and get the pictures that will be taken down and replace them on our very own picture service

Huh
(2023-09-22, 02:56 PM)Jamie Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]What would you recommend for me to rip the full forum in order to keep a backup copy in e.g. a HTML format for instance so we can go and get the pictures that will be taken down and replace them on our very own picture service
Use httrack, it's a good engine for that.
(2023-09-22, 02:56 PM)Jamie Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to know if any of you are aware of any self hosted picture service that won't ve subject to these kinds of rule changes. I still remember tinypic and see a forum where I was a member lose every single images they had on threads.

Had a website for 12 years which was closed last year. We uploaded most everything to *ttps://postimages.org/
At closing all images were still there & undisturbed. As of today they still have the option of 'no expiry' on uploaded images.
No registering required. I did register after the 3rd year just to keep track of what was uploaded. As long as it's all clean stuff,
no nudity etc., no deletes.

yeah, to bad about imgur... but most of the popular ones have gone the same route.

try postimages
(2023-09-22, 04:40 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-09-22, 02:56 PM)Jamie Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]What would you recommend for me to rip the full forum in order to keep a backup copy in e.g. a HTML format for instance so we can go and get the pictures that will be taken down and replace them on our very own picture service
Use httrack, it's a good engine for that.

Thank you Crazycat

I will test HTTrack before I start to run it all over the forum.

Maybe you know what I do not, I was checking on ALTERNATIVETO a self hosted solution that could have an API like Imgur does.
Are you aware of anything like that.
And it isnice coincidence you replied because I am using ABP Imgur, could that easily be tweaked? Even if it was a paid service

Blush
I didn't look for an alternative to imgur, as I don't use pictures in my forums, but postimage has a plugin for mybb: https://postimages.org/mybb
Peharps will I contact them to submit a modification allowing the drag & drop