MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is anyone starting a new MyBB in 2023?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just curious, is anyone starting a new MyBB installation in 2023?  

Or is everyone an existing admin?
I tried a few times but failed.
Thanks for sharing @hazel

Is it because you think you had a bad idea or was it because of the software?
I am, although not sure its going too well. Might not continue, there's bugs and problems but also its time consuming just understanding it
(2023-09-27, 12:15 AM)JoelR Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for sharing @hazel

Is it because you think you had a bad idea or was it because of the software?

There are several reasons why I failed.

1. MyBB as a product is not developed enough (I don't blame anyone, it's a free product after all).
2. The fact that new and mobile-friendly themes are no longer being produced (I'm technically incompetent and have no taste).
3. Nobody wants to use forums anymore.
4. Lack of features like comment notification, built-in SEO, etc. that should be there nowadays.

I'm thinking of switching completely to XenForo soon.
I'm more familiar with XenForo and even Invision Community (IP.Board), just thought a new project could start with something free like MyBB which I've always liked but maybe it's not being developed with new features?
Yes I am going to start project on MyBB
I recently started a project on MyBB. Hopefully will get some members and posts soon!
Hazel Wrote:3. Nobody wants to use forums anymore.
[...]
I'm thinking of switching completely to XenForo soon.
Paranoid? Smile

"Nobody" is me, "Nobody" is you, "Nobody" is millions of users worldwide fed up with evil social media and other platforms.

I am serving several forums for decades, one of them just migrated to MyBB in 2023. I also spend time and effort in developing innovative theme designs as well as customizations and plug-ins for MyBB to make it fit my needs or the public or customers.

In any case, MyBB is a solid board system.

[ExiTuS]
Stupid thread.
I use MyBB since years, I made professionnal communitys change to MyBB, and if my own forums are based on it, even if they are really little communities.

Why ? simply because of the community, the helpness, and how the staff hear us, little admins of nearly-death forums. We are a part of MyBB, whis our qualities and our defaults, and the team is a human team too.
I like MyBB because I love the way the team exists, and this is the real power of MyBB.
Pages: 1 2