MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Internal SQL Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I now have this error when I try to view my forum:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

If you're a visitor of this website, please wait a few minutes and try again. If this problem persists, please contact the site owner.
If you are the site owner, please check the MyBB Documentation for help resolving common issues, or get technical help on the MyBB Community Forums.

I have no idea what happened and obviously I can't log in even as an administrator.
How can I solve it?

Thanks
https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/errors/#en...error-logs

See the part of Enabling Error Logs via the manual way since you cannot access admin cp.

One you have that information set then try to visit your site again to see if it gives you an actual reason type for the error. If it does not check the error.log file in your FTP/files.
(2023-10-02, 12:37 PM)Taylor M Wrote: [ -> ]https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/errors/#en...error-logs

See the part of Enabling Error Logs via the manual way since you cannot access admin cp.

One you have that information set then try to visit your site again to see if it gives you an actual reason type for the error. If it does not check the error.log file in your FTP/files.

Ok, I now obtain detailed error:

SQL Error:
1142 - INSERT command denied to user 'obfusched_user'@'obfusched' for table 'mybb_sessions'
Query:
REPLACE INTO mybb_sessions SET uid='271',sid='long_id',time=1697540445,ip=X'7f000002',location='/forum/index.php',useragent='Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/118.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/118.0.2088.46',location1=0,location2=0,nopermission=0

Now, I do not know how to proceed...
Do you have a database size limit with your host and have you perhaps exceeded it?

ask your hoster!
With a 1142 error, I'd check permissions.  Make sure your database account has all required permissions - including insert.  Unless you have access to phpmyadmin - or a privileged account with cli access - might be a job for your host. Rolleyes