MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: update fourm to latest version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The docs update instructions doesnt say what file to put things in. I am used to the fourm just updating itself by clicking the check for updates button so first time doing things by hand.. / how smf fourms work which I hate now.

I dont want to start from scratch / dont want to start this update by myself for why putting this thread up. I dont want to lose anything on my fourm's current state.

I'm deciding to update 'cause the posts arnt working right when writing new ones, and it's not triggering the discord interagration  plugin which has worked so far 'til things are going busted.
What version of MyBB are you currently running?
jan 33 to latest jan 36

I already have the download latest version part done in my comps files. I am not sure where to upload it in the site file manager though.

still waiting. I waited all day for a reply. do I put a new folder named upload to put the update version in??
Quote:Select all files and directories intended for upload from the new package, and copy them to the main forum directory, overwriting existing files.
https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/upgrad...-new-files

(2023-10-04, 01:11 PM)VL79 Wrote: [ -> ]still waiting. I waited all day for a reply. do I put a new folder named upload to put the update version in??

I didn't realize that you were paying my wages so that I would assist you immediately? Oh wait, you aren't!

Learn some patience. Some of us have lives outside of this corner of the internet. You're getting free assistance here. Try to sound more grateful next time. I wish you the best on figuring this out the rest of the way.
well if you didnt wait 24 hours for each reply things would be better for my end. And yes I got quicker help then you in the past. and it was more then once. three posts in the morning at least. Even the host helps faster then my servese this go around which is even worst then a few months ago. If you dont like me like I dont like you then someone else should had answered me then You.

If you made the dam process easier and not make people guess what to dam do all the time then I wouldnt be bothering the support board at all.

why cant the board I had set up have a iinstal updates button in the dashboard or have the board just update itself when I click check for updates..

That would make my 30 year old life easier as hell. You have no idea what I dam went through creating the site beginning of this year, and its not my first time trying to make a site in the first place. as a narrator user.

it's been up a year now and here we go again of orange going bust..

I hate smf fourms now 'cause they spy on you through your own site now a days. You cant do orange with your fourm without it suddenly getting killed.

a few months ago no one even answered the thread It was just buried by several new threads by other people.

I'm making sure my experience as a site owner doesnt end up the same way as when I tried nabble fourm. no views or posts for two dam years. then I got a your site will be deleted email.

my site looks the way it is thanks to a ton of editing in the coding. I took three months to make
the site how it looks now. I may had did things for free, but i had a hard time with my orange as well.. all by myself no help at all.
Won't dignify that post with a quote and reply.  You might be more comfortable with Windows update it would appear.

Not an open source project with 3rd party plugins and themes. Wink
@VL79, did you have a look to https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/upgrade/ ?
The team made good docs to help everybody, but if you don't read them, why will we help you ? Not sure you'll read our answers, which will probably be a nice paste&copy from docs.